How Does Acupuncture work?
According to Dr. Zhao, acupuncture can increase the endophine substance, improve the neurotransmitters, and balance the hormone level. But more than that, acupuncture can increase the immune function. How does it do this? Acupuncture uses physical stimulation to induce chemical reactions that can help the body heal in various ways: this is the essence of acupuncture. In this way acupuncture can be used to treat a wide range of conditions (see services).
Why Should I Choose Dr. Zhao?
1. Dr. Zhao has more than 20 years experience in practice of acupuncture and Chinese Herbs, practicing both since 1987. He creates his own herbal formulas, tailored to the individual patient.
2. Dr. Zhao's background is a combination of knowledge in Western medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. He publishes and lectures on these subjects.
3. In addition to his experience and education in Chinese Medicine, Dr. Zhao is an award winning scientist who develops his own herbal medicines.
What Can I Expect on My First Visit?
On your first visit with Dr. Zhao he will:
- Conduct a thorough examination according to traditional Chinese Medicine techniques.
- Analyze your your body imbalances.
- Develop an individualized treatment plan for acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
- Make suggestions for diet, exercise and stress reduction.